Please familiarize yourself with these details before orderingPLEASE familiarize yourself with the below content BEFORE ORDERING as WE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISCONCEPTIONS you may have regarding our services.
Before ordering from Dial-a-Surprize, please note:
- Daily Ordering Deadlines: Flowers, balloons and cakes are restricted to Cape Town and immediate surrounds only. Cupcakes can be delivered to other main centers from Tuesdays to Fridays provided the order is placed at least 24 hours in advance. Deliveries for Cape Town and immediate surrounds received before 10h00 daily can be delivered same-day UNLESS we are already fully booked or have already covered your area of delivery by the time your order is received. In this case you will receive an email notifying you of this immediately. Orders received for Cape Town after 10h00 will be delivered next day or on your chosen delivery date thereafter. Deliveries for all other main centers are next day only and orders need to be placed and paid for before 2 pm the preceding day. PLEASE NOTE: We are NOT open on Public Holidays or weekends. Should you require a gift delivery in Cape Town on Saturday, please email us before ordering to inquire as to whether this can be done. A R150 surcharge is payable.
- Dial-a-Surprize only uses the best available in ribbon, gift boxes, cake boxes and gift bags, made exclusively for us by our factories or suppliers. Therefore you have to take packaging, tissue paper and ribbon costs into account and not just consider the content as your total budget spent. Everything unfortunately costs money and we sell the TOTAL package, not just the content.
- We generally do not offer run of the mill products readily available at department stores or supermarkets. If that is what you want, we are not the gift delivery service for you. We do, however, sell nuts, biltong and dried fruit products which can be obtained at upmarket department stores or delis but note that we offer convenience and may therefore be slightly more expensive as we do not negotiate bulk rates nationally like larger departments stores are able to do.
- We have our own confectioners, chocolatiers, biscuiteers and bakers who bake, make and package our products. As a result, our quality matches our pricing.
- We will endeavor to fulfill any reasonable request. We cannot fulfill unreasonable requests. These include sticking to specific delivery time requests. We follow a route and CANNOT guarantee any delivery times.
- Our products are made up by hand and stock varies continuously so we cannot offer the same product or packaging at all times as displayed on the website. We will, however, endeavor to stick to the specifications offered as closely as possible.
- If a product is sold out at the same time you have placed your order, we have the right to replace the product with a similar product at the same cost. If we do not have a similar product available immediately, we will email you with alternatives. Please note that we are an online store and email is our preferred method of communication. If you have placed an order please remain email alert in case we need to chat to you.
Please review the terms and conditions below as your use of this site indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions and your agreement to follow and be bound by them. Please note that we may have to periodically change the terms and conditions so kindly check them from time to time if you continue to use our services.
Hours of operation
Dial-a-Surprize is open from 09h00 to 16h00 for deliveries Monday – Friday. We are NOT open on ANY public holidays or weekends. A
As much as we would have wanted to, it is impossible for Dial-a-Surprize to guarantee ANY delivery times. We follow a route and do not return to the same part of the city more than once daily. It is therefore advisable to place your order as soon as possible so that we can plan our deliveries with yours in mind. We will therefore accept NO time restrictions. We would rather forfeit your order than disappoint you. We will, however, try and stick to your request as much as possible should the delivery area be close by. The delivery of orders commence from 09h00 in the morning until end of work day16h00.
We can, unfortunately, not be held responsible for any deliveries which are delayed if your gift is couriered outside of Cape Town. Where we are reliant on 3rd party service providers (DPE and GLOBEFLIGHT), we may not always reach your timelines but will endeavor to do so to the best of our abilities. In all instances we will execute your delivery immediately or within our service providers timelines. Main centers are overnight (if placed and paid for before 2pm the previous day) and regional areas (outside of main centers/where major airlines do not fly) 2 - 3 working days (dependent on accessibility).
Should our driver be delayed due to circumstances beyond our control, Dial-a-Surprize reserves the right to contact the gift recipient (without revealing specific details and spoiling the surprise) to announce that they have a delivery and to inquire as to where the recipient will be at the expected delivery time. Should the delay be as a result of our own time management or unforeseen circumstances, we will divert the delivery at our own cost.
What happens if recipient is not at address?
Should the gift recipient have left the office early (or did not go into the office at all) on the day of delivery, or should the gift recipient not be at the home/delivery address given, Dial-a-Surprize cannot be held responsible for the recipient not receiving the gift. The gift will either be delivered to a colleague who will sign on the recipient's behalf or, the gift will be left with a neighbor or concierge/security officer/caretaker on duty. In each instance the sender and/or receiver will be notified. If, this is not possible, the recipient or sender will be phoned for an alternate address or to make alternate arrangements. If the sender is not available, the recipient will be contacted for an alternate address. If there is an additional delivery fee payable (e.g. the new address is not in the same suburb), this will have to be paid before we commence with the delivery to a new area, causing major delays that will impact our other customers. If we have already been to the area for the day and it is too far to divert our delivery route without disappointing our other customers, we will only be able to deliver again the next day. A new delivery fee will be charged and if the gift consisted of balloons and cakes, this will not be replenished at our cost. All fees must be paid up before we attempt the delivery again. It may therefore be important that you know the gift recipients movements on the day of delivery so that we are able to provide an efficient and fair service to all our paying clients. Alternatively, it may be worth notifying the recipient that a delivery is on it's way. We aim to surprise and will only revert to the above if it is important that the recipient gets the gift on the day - i.e. for birthdays.
In the event where we are requested to deliver to a company, we need to adhere to the company rules relating to delivery. For example, we may be requested to leave the parcel at reception or the mail room and may not have the opportunity to deliver your gift to the recipient personally. In this case, we cannot take responsibility for company policies or any delays in the gift reaching the recipient.
Please note that a 'confirmation of delivery' is sent to all clients at the end of the day. You are, however, welcome to contact us at any time per email to confirm if the delivery has been concluded.
Incorrect/incomplete address details:
Should you provide incorrect or incomplete address or telephonic details which prevents us from delivering the gift on the day, we will not be able to proceed with the delivery. Please therefore ensure that the address details provided are correct. Our business is to deliver gifts, yours is to provide us with the correct delivery details. Should the address be incorrect when the driver delivers and the given address and neither the sender of the gift nor the gift recipient is immediately available per email or phone, the gift will be returned to the office and another delivery fee will be levied before the gift delivery is attempted the next day. The same gift will be delivered the next day – i.e. it will not be replaced or replenished with fresh content at a loss to Dial-a-Surprize.
All products displayed on this site are subject to availability and will be delivered only within the borders of South Africa.
Certain products may pose difficult to send to different parts of the country – in these circumstances alternative choices will be offered. Dial-a-Surprize reserves the right (without prior notice) to discontinue or change specifications of products and services offered on this site without incurring any obligations to the sender of the gift.
We value your comments, ideas, suggestions and feedback. You warrant that the comments submitted by you do not and will not violate any rights of any party or will not contain any defamatory, unlawful, abusive or obscene material.We are committed to providing you with the best service to meet your individual needs and preferences. Should you be dissatisfied with our service or any product purchased we would appreciate to know about it. If you have any specific requests, comments and/or feedback that would improve our service offering to you, please do not hesitate to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. More importantly, please be cordial at all times - we will go out of our way for pleasant customers.